Well another week is coming to an end so here is what we got accomplished so far.Math
Princess and Speed Racer have been completed lessons 117-122. They have learned two new triplets this week14, 7, 7, and 14, 8, 6. They've practiced counting by 5's from 100. Speed Racer has been having trouble writing numbers over 100, he has been getting the ones and tens places mixed up. He'll write 151, for 115 and can't figure out why that is wrong. I'll cover the 1 and ask him what is this number '51' he'll say fifty one, so then I'll ask him would that be the way to write 115 and then he'll erase and fix it. I'm having trouble figuring out how to explain this concept to him. I think I need to go back and have him fill out his 1000's book that we never did and hopefully that will help.
Reading
Princess finished The Box Car Children #2 Surprise Island yesterday I'm so proud of her.
Speed Racer has read book 22 in the BRI books. I need to print off some more books so today I'm just going to have him read a couple of other phonetic readers that I have.
Spelling
Princess will finish step 11 today in All About Spelling level 3
Speed Racer will be spelling some words from the BRI books
Grammar
Princess is still working on adjectives. We haven't moved from lesson 13 yet in FLL 3 because she has quite got it yet. There was only one page in spectrum language arts on adjectives which I had her complete. I'm really not that happy with the way FLL 3 is explaining adjectives so I'm trying to come up with something else that will help princess, perhaps some worksheets from the internet will do well or we may just keep trudging through FLL 3 and hopefully it'll eventually click.
Speed Racer, I have pretty much dropped grammar with him at this point. I have him do some work in an old grammar workbook that I have but I think grammar is a little above him right now so I'm trying not to worry about it too much.
Poetry
Princess is working on memorizing The Land of Nod by Robert Louis Stevenson I'm amazed at how well she can memorize.
I haven't introduced any new poems for Speed Racer. Memorizing doesn't come that easy to him and it's another one of those things that I've let slide for now.
Read Alouds
We finished "Thanksgiving on Thursday" This week, the kids really enjoyed it. Yesterday I started read "The Pilgrims on Plimoth" It's a long picture book that we made about half way through before Sweetie Pie woke up. Then they colored a couple of Thanksgiving pictures.
Well, at least we got more done this week than last. I'm still not happy with where we are and I'm hoping to sit down this weekend and really work out a good plan of action for us. It's just hard to get anything down with a very needy preschooler and baby!





8 comments:
My dc loved The Boxcar Children also. Sounds like a great week. Have an even better weekend. :)
Looks like a good week, thanks for sharing!
It looks like a great week to me! :)
The Boxcar Children books have always been a hit around here.
It IS hard to get everything done when you have little ones underfoot but I think you're accomplishing more than you think! :)
Looks like a great week to me. Have a fun weekend.
Robin
I love the Boxcar Children books. Looks like you and your kiddos had a good week! Have a nice weekend!
Thanks for sharing your week! I know what you mean about poetry. It is amazing how kids can memorize poetry!
Great week! We've have always loved the Boxcar children books.
I love the looks of your blog.
I think your week looks great! My ds7 is able to memorize poetry SO easily. Ah to be young again. :)
Post a Comment