
I thought I would join in the fun a post a weekly report, it'll help me get my mind off of other things as well.
Princess
Math: If nothing else math is the one subject that gets done just about everyday. We did lessons 111-115 this week. We are on triplet 14 8 6 nad learning about 1/2 and 1/4. Today we will start working on 3 digit addition and subtraction. I'm sure this will not go over well since she doesn't like doing 2 digit addition and subtraction.
Reading: She is on chapter 6 of The Boxcar Children Surprise Island. I finally found a series of books that she doesn't mind reading. She loves to read picture books but hates chapter books so this was a relief. It's not the kind of literature I was hoping for her to read, it's probably more on the side of twaddle, but hey you have to start somewhere!
Grammer: We are on lesson 13 in First Language lessons 3. It introduces Adjectives which has princess all confused. I don't like the way it is presented so I can understand why she is confused. I was hoping it would explain it more before jumping to something else in the next lesson but it hasn't so I'm trying to find something to supplement this lesson for her. I also forgot about the dictionary skills in the back so we have gone over the first 3 lessons about putting things in alphabetical order, which she pretty much already new, and then looking up words in a children's dictionary. She really enjoyed looking up words. She really surprises me sometimes! I also have Spectrum Language Arts grade 2 that I just started having her work in. She is on lesson 1.4.
Spelling: We are on step 11 in All About Spelling Level 2. I'm having trouble working on this the way we really should. We don't have a magnetic board and it is just a pain getting out all of those letter tiles everyday. Princess doesn't like them to well either. Step 11 covers Blends with Vowel-consonant-E These words are pretty easy for her so I don't feel too bad not getting out the tiles!
History We are on Chapter 6 this week of SOTW 1
Science: It hasn't gotten done yet
Speed Racer
Math: He is on the same lesson as princess.
Phonics: We are on book 19 in the BRI books Right now we are in the first step so I'm going through them rather quickly. I introduce a new book each day and review the book from the day before.
Spelling: I was using All About Spelling level 1 but have decided to use the words in his BRI books for spelling
Grammer: We were using FLL 1/2 but here lately I've just been having him work out of an old workbook that was princesses in public school. She brought home at the end of her first grade year pretty much untouched!
History is the same as Princess.
Please forgive any typos I don't have time to review this post sweetie pie is sitting on my lap and it's all I can do to keep her fingers off the keyboard.





4 comments:
It looks like a very good week to me. :)
I'm glad you participated in the Weekly Report; I always enjoy seeing what others are doing.
You did a great job typing up your report even with your little helper there trying to type along with you! :)
I hope you have a wonderful week-end.
I agree with Rhonda, it is really fun to see what others are doing with their kiddos. Thanks for posting!
Sounds like you guys were very productive this week.
Happy Weekend!
Welcome to weekly reports. Sounds like you a good week lesson wise.
Robin of mytwoblessings
Post a Comment