Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Gallbladder Woes

I've been having issues with my gallbladder so it needs to come out. I've been having gallbladder attacks for the past 7 months without realizing what the pain was from. I would be awakened during the night with severe back pain that radiated to my ribs and stomach. I thought the pain was from co-sleeping with my baby and being stuck in the same position all night. The pain finally went away and I thought all was well until two weeks ago when it returned and this time it lasted for 9 hours. Then a week later I had the same pain again that lasted for 15 hours nothing helped it so I finally went to the doctor. He sent me for an ultrasound which confirmed that I have gallstones. I was referred to a surgeon who said my gallbladder needs to come out. Know I just need to come up with the money for the surgery!! We have a high deductable and the surgeon I went to expects payment upfront so it may be a few months before I can have surgery. *sigh* I'm in prayer that the Lord will keep me well until we can afford the surgery.

No comments: