Saturday, February 21, 2009

Planning

I've decided to put together my lesson plans for this week on my blog so I'll have something concrete to look at to keep us on track. We've been having trouble with getting schoolwork done. I really need to make this a priority and what better place to put my plans than my blog!?



We've started our unit on Native American Indians. We are using History Pockets Native Americans and North American Indians as our spines. The first tribe we covered were the Inuits. We didn't get as far as I would have like last week so we are going to continue learning about the Inuits this week as well. I've gotten a lot of books from the library that I need to divid up into read alouds, independent reading, and book basket selections.



Book Basket



What Do We Know About The Inuit?

Eskimos The Inuit of the Arctic

Ice Bear and Little Fox

Go Home, River





Independent Reading



Whale Snow

The Polar Bear Son



Read Aloud



Inunguak The Little Greenlander

Building an Igloo

Amorak

The Gift of the Inuksuk



Monday


History
Cut out dictionary cards and picutres from History Pockets. Copy the definitions for each word. Have Princess read the information from History Pockets out loud. Talk about the folllowing
  • The difference between Inuit and Eskimo (WDWKA The Inuit page 9)
  • The mean of Legends and Myths Read Amorak, and then start Inunguak The Little GreenLander

Copywork & Grammar- underline the common nouns, circle the proper nouns.

The word Inuit means 'people' or 'human beings' and is the name the Inuit give themselves.

Math

Lesson 150 R&S math 2 front and back. Miquon Math

Spelling

Princess-Step 15 /er/ Tiles

Speed Racer-Spelling from I Am Sam book 44

Reading/Phonics

Princess- Read Whale Snow and give narration

Speed Racer-Read book 44

This is my plan for Monday. Since this post is becoming very long, and there is no way I'm going to be able to finish it all in one sitting, I have decided to split this post up. I will post my plans for Tuesday either later or tomorrow.

No comments: