Friday, January 9, 2009
Getting back to work, school work that is!
I had planned on starting us back to school on January 5 but we all started coming down with something the week before which completely threw us off track. I was getting a really great schedule for us together when I started feeling really crummy the next day. Then on Monday sweetie pie started to break out in hives. I took her to the doctor that night and she had a strep test come back postive! My poor baby. Knowing that she had strep I decided to take the rest of us to the doctor, we went to a urgent care place and saw a different doctor then we had the night before. He told me the way that two of the kids were coughing he was sure it wasn't strep and he only tested myself and speed racer, both of our test came back negative so the doctor only prescribe medicine for the two that were coughing. He also told me that he highly doubted sweetie pie had strep throat since babies her age usually have the strep bacteria in their throats anyway and if we were to test her when she was healthy it would probably come back positive. That is something I've never heard and I'm not sure if I believe. I'm still giving her medicine 4 times a day and although the hives have slowed down she still has a terrible cough, running nose, sneezing, watery eyes and now the past few nights has developed a fever. So if she does has strep throat she must have a cold on top of it! I'm starting to feel better so we are trying to get what school work done that we can. And the medicine that the doctor gave the other two, which I thought was cough syrup, turns out to be some kind of antihistamine! Some doctor.
I'm hoping to post later today on some ideas I will be using with Casanova for preschool
I'm hoping to post later today on some ideas I will be using with Casanova for preschool
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
I'm praying for you!
Post a Comment