Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Long time no post!
My goodness I can't believe how long it's been since I've last posted. It has been a really busy summer. We havn't done much but life just seems to keep me busy. Between housework, spending time with the kids and getting ready for this coming school year I just havn't had time to blog.
I think I know what curriculum we will be using next year I just have to order it. I really want to use RightStart Math, it's really expensive though. I'm hoping to be able to afford it in September. I think my dc would love the games and the manipulatives in it. I will continue with All About Spelling with Princess, we were almost finished with level 2 before our summer break. For Speed Racer I've decided to go with Preventing Academic Failure which includes spelling. It's a reading program for struggling readers. More on this later. For science we are going to use Elemental Science which was written by a homeschool mom.
Yesterday I printed off some planners and calendars at DonnaYoung's site, I love her site!
I'm going to get my dc children 2 binders each. A one inch one, and a three inch one. The one inch will be for their weekly work. I will tear all their work out of their workbooks and then divide them into the days of the week. I'm going to put five index tabs and label them Monday thru Thursday. For the three inch binder I'm going to divid them up into subject area. At the end of each week I will have my dc transfew their work from the smaller binder to the bigger binder. I will also include their attendence sheet, monthy calendar, and book list in the bigger binder. This is my plan for now, we will see how it works.
I think I know what curriculum we will be using next year I just have to order it. I really want to use RightStart Math, it's really expensive though. I'm hoping to be able to afford it in September. I think my dc would love the games and the manipulatives in it. I will continue with All About Spelling with Princess, we were almost finished with level 2 before our summer break. For Speed Racer I've decided to go with Preventing Academic Failure which includes spelling. It's a reading program for struggling readers. More on this later. For science we are going to use Elemental Science which was written by a homeschool mom.
Yesterday I printed off some planners and calendars at DonnaYoung's site, I love her site!
I'm going to get my dc children 2 binders each. A one inch one, and a three inch one. The one inch will be for their weekly work. I will tear all their work out of their workbooks and then divide them into the days of the week. I'm going to put five index tabs and label them Monday thru Thursday. For the three inch binder I'm going to divid them up into subject area. At the end of each week I will have my dc transfew their work from the smaller binder to the bigger binder. I will also include their attendence sheet, monthy calendar, and book list in the bigger binder. This is my plan for now, we will see how it works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment