Saturday, August 23, 2008

"I Love You Mommy"

My ds4 loves to tell me he loves me. All day long I am serenaded with "I love you mommy" For no reason at all he will just say it. When I tell people this they smile and say it's because he is wanting something I said no to or it's is because he got in trouble and is trying to sweet talk his way out. Neither of these is the case at all. He never tells me he loves me when he is in trouble or when he wants something. It's at those times during the day when I'm doing something and he is playing quietly he'll say it. I'll say "I love you" back to him and he'll usually say it again. Tonight right before writing this post he had his head laying on my lap and he said "I love you mommy" I said " I love you" then he said it again and again I told him I loved him. The third time he said it he said "I love you mommy" and then blurted something I couldn't quite understand so I asked him "I love you more than buildings?" And he said no, "I love you more than, you know, the money" Ahhh how sweet, it just melts my heart!! My darling sweet little boy. He has had a hard time adjusting to sharing his mommy with his baby sister. He has really turned into a wild child and really drives me crazy throughout the day. It's times like this that remind me just how special he is and how much I love him so! Mommy loves you baby!

No comments: